Creating access groups allows you to allocate specific groups of users to a certain document folder or template folder within your enterprise. By default, your account will be created with 2 access groups that aren’t editable, one group grants only you access to a folder and the other grants access to every user in your organisation. Access groups can contain as many users as you want, and you can create as many as you want. Users can also be apart of many groups.
When sending a document you can select a folder for it to be filtered into automatically. If you don’t specify a folder, the document will appear in your personal Sent, Completed or Voided dashboards. These documents are only visible to your account. You may move a document into a folder at anytime, allowing users with access to that folder the ability to view it.
Creating an access group
- Open your Access groups from the sidebar.
- Click the Create Access Group button, this will open a window where you can title the access group and assign users.
- Click the Please select box where you can search for user accounts and select them.
- Once you’ve selected the users you want, click create and the access group will be created.
- You can edit these custom groups at any time by clicking the Edit button next to the desired group, or you can delete them by clicking the delete button providing there are no documents in them.
Document folders and Template folders
When you create a new document folder or template folder you can assign an access group to them. This will allow the users in that group access to any templates or documents placed into those folders.
Creating folders and assigning access
- Click the + next to ‘Folders’ or ‘Templates’ to open the create folder window
- Enter your desired name for the folder.
- Click please select dropdown box and select the group you want to grant access to.
- Below it will show the users that will have access to the folder
- Click create, and that folder will now be accessible to all members in that access group.