PleaseSign takes its privacy obligations seriously and is committed to ensuring that our policy handles personal information in accordance with the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
PleaseSign obtains Personal data about you from multiple sources in order to provide you our Services. You may be a visitor to one of our websites, a user of our Services (User), or a customer of a User (Customer). If you are a Customer, PleaseSign will generally not collect your Personal data directly from you. Your agreement with the User should explain how the User shares your Personal data with PleaseSign. If you have any questions about this sharing, we encourage you to direct those questions to the User.
What information is collected?
Personal data means any information that may be used to identify an individual, including, but not limited to, a first name and last name, email address, phone number or other contact information. The personal data that we collect through our Services will be apparent from the context in which you provide the data. For example:
- When you create a PleaseSign account we collect your full name, email address, mobile number and account log-in credentials.
- When you fill-in an online form to contact our support team, we collect your full name, email address, mobile number and anything else you tell us about your business.
- When you reply to PleaseSign emails we collect your email address, full name and any other information that you choose to include in the contents of your email or responses. If you contact us by phone, we will collect the phone number that you used to call PleaseSign. If you contact us by phone as a User, we may also collect additional information about you for the purpose of verifying your identity.
We may also collect from you, the following personal information about your customers:
- First name and last name
- Email address
- Mobile number
When you provide us with personal information about your customers, we will only use this information for the specific reason for which it is provided.
If you believe that one of your customers has provided us with your personal information and you would like to request that it be removed from our system, please contact email@example.com .
Information we collect automatically
- Device and browser data, such as IP address, device manufacturer and model, operating system name, internet browser type and version and screen resolution.
- Usage data, such as time spent on the Services, links clicked, pages visited and the pages that led you to or referred you to our Services.
How we use your Personal data
From time to time we may send you email marketing communications about our Services, invite you to participate in surveys or otherwise communicate with you for marketing purposes, provided that we do so in accordance with the consent requirements that are imposed by applicable law.
We may also use your Personal data to:
- Send you a signature request confirmation.
- Send you requested product or service information.
- Respond to your customer support requests.
- Manage your account.
- Send you marketing communications.
How we disclose Personal data
PleaseSign does not rent or sell Personal data to marketers or unaffiliated third parties. We share your Personal data with trusted entities, as outlined below.
- PleaseSign. We share Personal data with other PleaseSign entities in order to provide our Services and for internal administration purposes such as accounting.
- Service providers. We share Personal data collected through our Applications with a limited number of our service providers. We have service providers that provide services on our behalf, such as cloud hosting services, data analysis, information technology and related infrastructure, customer service, email delivery and auditing services. These service providers may need to access Personal data to perform their services. We authorise these service providers to use or disclose the Personal data only as necessary to perform their services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements. We require these service providers to contractually commit to protect the security and confidentiality of Personal data they process on our behalf. Our service providers are predominantly located in Europe, Australia and the United States.
Your rights and choices
You have choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal data.
- Opting out of receiving marketing-related communications. If you no longer want to receive marketing-related communications from us, you can choose to opt-out via the unsubscribe link included in such communications. If you opt-out of receiving marketing-related communications from us, we may still send you important messages that are required to provide you with our Services.
- Viewing or changing your personal data. If you would like to view, correct or update any Personal data that you have previously disclosed to us, or you believe that we have collected from you, you may do so by signing in to your PleaseSign account or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your data protection rights. Depending on your location and subject to applicable law, you may have the following rights with regard to the Personal data we save about you:
The right to request confirmation of whether PleaseSign processes Personal data relating to you, and if so, to request a copy of that Personal data.
The right to request that PleaseSign rectifies or updates your Personal data that is inaccurate, incomplete or outdated.
The right to request that PleaseSign erase your Personal data in certain circumstances provided by law.
Data security and retention
We make all reasonable efforts to ensure the highest level of security appropriate to the risks associated with the processing of Personal data are considered and used. We maintain organisational, technical and administrative measures designed to protect Personal data within our organisation against unauthorised access, destruction, loss, alteration or misuse. Your personal data is only accessible to a limited number of personnel who require access to the information to perform their duties.
Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interactions with us are no longer secure, please contact us immediately by sending an email to email@example.com.
If you are a User, we retain your Personal data and the data collected about your customers as long as we are providing the Services to you. We will retain Personal data even after we cease providing the Services to you, even if you close your PleaseSign account, to the extent necessary to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
Use by minors
The services are not directed to individuals under the age of eighteen (18), and we request that they not provide Personal data through the Services.